Norse Mythology

Norse Mythology, by Neil Gaiman

Everybody went nuts over this book last year, and I finally got to it too.

I like Neil Gaiman, and I like Norse mythology, so I expected good things, and I got them!  This is a very nice retelling of the Norse myths; it's clear, it's exciting, and it's beautifully written, with just a hint of Gaiman's personality, but not so much that it overshadows the material and becomes annoying.  I mean, this could have been "Neil Gaiman Tells His Own Version of Norse Myths"  -- which would be fine except that the cover doesn't say that -- and it's not.  So, good job Neil.

I don't have a lot more to say -- I just liked this book quite a bit.

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to this! One line of my ancestry goes through England back to Norse country, so my fascination with Norse mythology is directly related to my fascination with England.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz