Back to the Classics Challenge: Wrap-up
I finished the Back to the Classics Challenge, hosted by Karen at Books and Chocolate, a little while ago with War and Peace, but I forgot to write a wrap-up post! Here it is:
I finished this challenge 11/15/14. Woohoo!
- A 20th Century Classic -- If on a winter's night a traveler, by Italo Calvino
- A 19th Century Classic -- Mill on the Floss, by George Eliot.
- A Classic by a Woman Author -- The Custom of the Country, by Edith Wharton.
- A Classic in Translation Dead Souls, by Nikolai Gogol.
- A Wartime Classic . -- August 1914, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You -- Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh
- An American Classic -- Go Tell it on the Mountain, by James Baldwin
- A Classic Mystery, Suspense or Thriller -- The 39 Steps, by John Buchan
- A Historical Fiction Classic. War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy.
- A Classic That's Been Adapted Into a Movie or TV Series. Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut.
- Extra Fun Category: Write a Review of the Movie or TV Series adapted from Optional Category #4. Slaughterhouse-Five again.