World War I Challenge

I found another challenge to join! This one is hosted by War Through the Generations and is all about World War I. The information:

War Through the Generation’s 2012 reading challenge will be World War I. The challenge will run from January 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012.



Rules:

This year you have options when reading your fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, etc. with the WWI as the primary or secondary theme.

Books can take place before, during, or after the war, so long as the conflicts that led to the war or the war itself are important to the story. Books from other challenges count so long as they meet the above criteria.

Dip: Read 1-3 books in any genre with WWI as a primary or secondary theme.

Wade: Read 4-10 books in any genre with WWI as a primary or secondary theme.

Swim: Read 11 or more books in any genre with WWI as a primary or secondary theme.

Additionally, we’ve decided that since there are so many great movies out there about WWI, you can substitute or add a movie or two to your list this year and have it count toward your totals.

You can decide which books you’d like to read right away, or you can choose them during the course of the challenge. Check out the Recommended Reading: WWI page for suggestions.

We wanted to try something a little different this year, and we thought that it would be fun to do a group review here on War Through the Generations midway through the challenge.

The 2012 book for the read-a-long will be A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway.

I am going to sign up for the "Dip level--3 books about the Great War seem like enough for me. I've never read A Farewell to Arms, so that will be good for me. I'll probably hate it. I also plan to read John Keegan's history, The First World War. I'm not sure what #3 will be.


Comments

  1. So glad you're joining us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fits right in with my current Downton Abbey obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true! Though, don't tell me any spoilers, I still haven't watched the last episode of season 1.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz