Back to the Classics 2020 Wrapup

There is so much to write about and so little time before the end of the year!  Between books, wrap-ups, and fixing up for next year, I'm feeling a little indecisive about what to start with.  Then I go scroll through Facebook and utterly fail to write anything.  So let's get going already....

 Karen requires a wrap-up post if we want to win a prize, which is a nice way to look back at some of the cool stuff I read this year.  I have to say, nearly all of these books turned out to be fantastic in their different ways, and I recommend any of them.  If I have to pick a favorite, it may have to be Red Cavalry, but I loved them all.

1.  A 19th Century Classic --   The Uncommercial Traveller, by Charles Dickens
2.  A 20th Century Classic --  Red Cavalry, by Isaac Babel
3.  A Classic by a Woman Author.  Subtly Worded, by Teffi
4.  A Classic in Translation.--  The Dark Child, by Camara Laye

5.  A Classic by a Person of Color. -- Passing, by Nella Larsen
6. A Genre Classic. -- The Metal Monster, by A. Merritt
7. Classic with a Person's Name in the Title. -- Oroonoko, by Aphra Behn
8. Classic with a Place in the Title. -- Akenfield, by Ronald Blythe
9. Classic with Nature in the Title. --  Virgin Soil, by Turgenev
10. Classic About a Family. --  The Fortunes of Richard Mahony, by Henry Handel Richardson (Ethel)
11. Abandoned Classic. --  The Golden Bough, by Sir James Frazer
12. Classic Adaptation. -- Stories of M. R. James

Comments

  1. Great challenge, good choices, I picked some for me to read later :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu