The Burning Page

The Burning Page, by Genevieve Cogman

This is the third Invisible Library novel!  Irene and Kai are on probation, so they're stuck with a lot of scutwork jobs, but then a straightforward return to the Library blows up in their faces.  The Library is under attack by Alberich, who's got a scheme nobody has figured out yet -- nobody thought it was even possible to attack the Library at all. 

I'm enjoying this series a lot, because the stories are not repetitive.  Irene's situation keeps changing, depth is added, we find out more, and there's just a lot of well-developed story.  Now there's this question about her parents, and her detective buddy Vale has this really interesting problem where he might become a Fae, and all sorts of interesting possible stories coming up.

A really pretty good YA fantasy series, lots of fun.  I love these books.

Comments

  1. So, I originally has it down as a YA series but is it? The more I thought about it, the more I decided that there was nothing in it that really made it YA. I think it's just a really good fantasy series! And I'm sure there's something else going on with the dragons that we are going to be SHOCKED to find out. I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think you're right. It's being marketed as YA, but there's nothing particular about it that would make it YA. The protagonists are adults! Either way, I like your dragon idea and also can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz