TBR Challenge Wrap-Up
It's just wrapup after wrapup around here, but feel free to skip if you're getting bored. :) Adam asks how we did with the TBR Pile Challenge---
- Playing With Fire, by the Sangtin Writers -- good stuff.
- The Mill on the Floss, by George Eliot-- lovely.
- People Tell Me Things, by David Finklee--Meh. One of the meh-est books of my year.
- Still Life, by A. S. Byatt--This was my FAIL title. Did not finish.
- History in English Words, by Owen Barfield--Second time's the charm; I enjoyed this.
- Candide, by Voltaire--culturally educational.
- Tristram Shandy, by Laurence Sterne --weird.
- Mirror of Flowers, by Dorothea Eastwood--fun!
- The Man Born to Be King, by Dorothy Sayers --really good, and not nearly as intimidating as I expected.
- Second Treatise on Government, by John Locke--I did it!
- In the Steps of the Master, by V. H. Morton--zowie, great stuff.
- The Green and Burning Tree, by Eleanor Cameron--pretty good.
- Joseph Andrews, by Henry Fielding --fun.
- Two Lives of Charlemagne, by Einhar and Notker the Stammerer--quite good.