Start Your Reading Now!

Well, actually, start your reading 2.5 hours ago, but that was too early.  It's the Second Annual Classics Club Readathon!  I'll be reading as much as I can all day, but I have other things to do too--like go out with my husband to celebrate our anniversary.  Which is really on Monday.


I have lots of books that want me to read them, but I'll be starting with

Where the Red Fern Grows--I started it yesterday and got a couple of chapters in

Dead Souls--so far so good, but I'm not very far along yet.

I think I'll save any vintage SF for later in the day--so far this week I've zipped through 3 already!

I'll update every so often, but mostly in a readathon, I read.  Have a great reading day!

12:00pm PST: I didn't read either of those books.  Instead I picked up History in English Words by Owen Barfield to read over breakfast, and just kept going with that.  I read the first section of 4 chapters and now I'm going to switch.

The CC has some questions.  I'm supposed to say:
  1. Name and Blog: Jean at Howling Frog Books
  2. Snacks and Beverages of Choice:  so far, breakfast and water.  And a slice of the lovely apple pie I made yesterday.
  3. Where are you reading from today?:  my house.
  4. What are your goals for the Readathon?: modest--just to read as much as I can today.
  5. What book(s) are you planning on reading?: Dead Souls, Where the Red Fern Grows, History in English Words...
  6. Are you excited?:yes! :)

6:00pm PST:  This afternoon I worked on three books:


Where the Red Fern Grows--I got more than halfway through.  Boy, is there a lot about dogs and raccoons.

Dead Souls--I read three longish chapters and am nearly 100 pages in now.  It's pretty funny!

Arthurian Romances--I read a little more than a third of "Erec et Enide," one of the earliest Arthurian romances.  You never hear of Sir Erec nowadays, but he's got quite a story.

Comments

  1. It sounds like you have some good books to choose from! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, what do you think the word count is on Where the Red Fern Grows? Most MG books tap out at 45k these days (at the most), but Where the Red Fern Grows seems like it would be much higher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I don't know--I'm no good at word count--but it's about 200 pages, with pretty small print. Not as quick a read as a lot of middle-grade books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz