Time for the Classics Club Spin #27!
Yay! It's time for another Spin! The number will be announced on Sunday, and after that we'll have until the 22nd of August to read the book. I chose 20 books that are not on my 20 Books of Summer list, and what with that and the other extra books I've been reading, it's anybody's guess as to whether I'll manage to actually read the 20 summer books, but I think I'm doing OK. It's not like it matters anyway!
Here are my selections:
- Conjure Tales, by Charles Chesnutt
- Old Norse Women's Poetry
- The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas a Kempis
- First Love and Other Stories, by Turgenev
- The Eternal Husband and other stories by Dostoyevsky
- The Popul Vuh
- The Witch of Edmonton, a play by Rowley, Dekker, and Ford
- The Angel of the West Window, by Gustav Meyrink
- It is Acceptable (Det Gaar An), C. J. L. Almqvist
- The Obedience of a Christian Man, by William Tyndale
- Samguk Yusa (Korean legends)
- Marriage, by Susan E. Ferrier
- The Gray Earth, by Galsan Tshinag
- The Female Quixote, by Charlotte Lennox
- Darkwater, by W. E. B. DuBois
- The Wonderful Adventures of Nils, by Selma Lagerlöf
- Thus Were Their Faces, by Silvina Ocampo
- The Well at the End of the World, by William Morris
- The Black Arrow, by R. L. Stevenson
- Jewish Stories of Prague
I hate waiting for the number to be announced. I am very bad at waiting!