Dewey Readathon post

Good morning!  I am not actually awake yet, because it's 5am and I need my sleep, and I will be mostly unable to join in the readathon until this afternoon.  But here is the post where I will make updates.


I'm supposed to answer these questions:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  Sunny California!  Emphasis on the "sunny"--after a nice cool spring it's in the 90s now.  I live in the rural northern part above Sacramento that everyone forgets about--we hold 2% of the total population of California.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  It's a smorgasbord of delight!  I don't even know.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?  ...you think I'm well-prepared, don't you?  I have a bag of sunflower seeds/Craisins/almond M&Ms, and I'm thinking quite seriously about treating myself to Indian food tonight.  That's all I've got.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!  I'm a classically homeschooling mom of two girls, a librarian, I sew a lot and read more.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  This is my first Dewey readathon, and I'm looking forward to reading a lot.  I'm not planning on a whole lot of online participation, since I don't really know what I'm doing and I can't devote the whole day to the event.  In fact, here comes my dad to pick me up now...


6pm update (my first!):  I wasn't able to start reading until nearly 3, so I got quite a late start.   I got lots of exercise in the morning, though, so I'm not feeling cramped.  I have read:

a chunk of Edith Wharton's House of Mirth, about 80 pages
two essays by M. Somerset Maugham, about 60 pages
finished R. K. Narayan's novel The English Teacher, about 80 pages

Now it's time for dinner.

9pm update:  There was some stuff going on, so I didn't get as much read as in the first three hours:

about 50 pages of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speeches and essays
the first 6 chapters of Stendhal's The Red and the Black, 40 pages

Final update: I'm heading to bed, but will read some more there.  I'm hoping to get 100 pages into The Red and the Black and read a little bit more of something else besides.











Comments

  1. I'm read-a-thoning as well :D

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your first readathon! I hope you enjoy it, have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz