New-to-me Meme: WWW Wednesdays

Erica at The Broken Spine introduced me to a meme I didn't know about: WWW Wednesdays, hosted by Sam at A World of Words.  I can't do this every week, but it would be fun to do it every so often!

It couldn't be simpler; you just answer three questions.

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?





What are you currently reading?

I'm working on one of my major Summer Books, The Adventures of Roderick Random by Tobias Smollett.  It is very long and has 69 shortish chapters, so I figured I'd read 3 chapters per day.  Today I will read chapters 52 - 54. 

Roderick Random reminds me of nothing so much as a bro slapstick comedy movie written in 18th-century novel format.


I'm also reading Ganga, a book about the Ganges river, and will probably finish it today.

What did you recently finish reading?

Rudolph Fisher's Walls of Jericho, a Harlem Renaissance novel published in 1928.  It was very good and I'm writing up a post for it.

I just now finished Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle, which I quite liked.


What do you think you’ll read next?

I'm thinking Hartmann von Aue's Arthurian stories (and also poems and whatnot).  I read his Poor Heinrich a couple years back and have been wanting to read the rest of his works.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu