Twenty-Four Things About Me -- An Old Meme Resurrected

Adam at Roof Beam Reader brought back an old meme that used to circulate, and it looked fun, so...

4 Things In/On My Desk
  1. A measuring tape
  2. A goofy photo of me and my brother as toddlers, with humorous caption 
  3. A stuffed Discworld Librarian  (ook!)
  4. A neat rock from the Chico Formation
Bonus: a slightly macabre model of my kid's now-perfect post-braces teeth.  I paid for 'em, I'm going to admire 'em.
The Chico Formation!

4 Things I’ve Always Wanted To Do (but haven’t yet)
  1. Visit Russia, India, Japan, New Zealand, Ireland.....
  2. Be an astronaut
  3. Read the Durants' Story of Civilization
  4. Make art out of books too decrepit to be usable (I have a collection! I'm ready!)
This is how long I've had the Durant books; this baby is now 15.

4 Favorite Things In My Room/Bedroom
  1. The color wheel quilt and pillow I made
  2. The cedar chest I put together from a kit when I was 16 (contains letters and so on)
  3. The broken piece of medieval pottery I got in London (lives with a flint from Old Sarum)
  4. The Toby Mouse from the Green Knowe manor

4 Things I Enjoy Very Much At The Moment
  1. Embroidery -- never enough time
  2. Laughing at my kids' very witty jokes
  3. Fresh air (oh how I miss it -- go away smoke)
  4. Hanging out with the husband

4 Songs I Can’t Get Out Of My Head
  1. Der Kommissar, by Falco
  2. Fortress Round Your Heart, by Sting
  3. The Little Old Lady From Pasadena, by the Beach Boys
  4. America, by Simon and Garfunkel 
IT TOOK ME FOUR DAYS TO HITCHHIKE FROM SAGINAW

It doesn't say favorite songs; I'm assuming these are earworm songs...



4 Things You Don’t Know About Me
  1. I am devastated that Dr. Pepper Ten has been pulled from local grocery stores and I've become a hoarder of the stuff.  I bought five cases in Utah to bring home (Portland didn't have any; I looked).  Can't I have just ONE vice??
  2. I just now came back from a potluck/square dancing night in which I was roped into learning how to do some basic square dancing.  I've also done contra, which I like better, but on the whole I'm too shy about the whole thing.
  3. My co-worker got me hooked on Wordtrip, this little anagram phone game, and now I'm on something like level 900 and have hooked the whole family on it.  (I just checked; it's level 919.)
  4. Speaking of video games, I love the Myst series and pretty much have played nothing else, except Portal, which I also like but haven't had time to play Portal II.  Which came out like 3 years ago?  And I own the 3 Myst novels too.

Now, you do it too!

Comments

  1. You should post that picture of you and Jeff.
    My version of Word Trip doesn't show me what level I am at. But probably behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list! I never got into Myst, but Portal and Portal 2 are some of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL GREAT now "America" is stuck in my head too, THANKS A LOT. (That thanks is only somewhat sarcastic -- I do actually really love that song, it's just that once it's in my head it's going to be very hard to get unstuck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz