It's time for Classics Club Spin #26!

 Yippee!  I've been thinking for the last couple of weeks that it's about time for a Spin, so I was overjoyed to see the post about Spin #26.  You probably know the rules, and if you don't, check out the CC post; it's easy and fun.  I am ludicrously overexcited about these things, but you gotta enjoy them when they come along, right?  Especially now, when we're all sick to death of staying home but are still waiting for things to open more.

So here's my 20 titles, all available within my house:

  1. Two Years Before the Mast, by Richard Henry Dana
  2. The Little Grey Men, by BB
  3. Samguk Yusa: Legends and Histry of the Three Kingdoms of Ancient Korea, coll. by Ilyon
  4. Mules and Men, by Zora Neale Hurston
  5. The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame
  6. Conjure Tales and Stories of the Color Line, by Charles W. Chesnutt 
  7. The Gray Earth, by Galsan Tschinag
  8. It Is Acceptable (Det Gaar An), by C. J. L. Almqvist
  9. The Female Quixote, by Charlotte Lennox
  10. The Obedience of a Christian Man, by William Tyndale
  11. Season of Migration to the North, by Tayeb Salih 
  12.  The Well at the End of the World, by William Morris
  13.  The Black Arrow, by R. L. Stevenson
  14. Eichmann in Jerusalem, by Hannah Arendt
  15. Swallows and Amazons, by Arthur Ransome
  16. The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas a Kempis
  17. The Popul Vuh
  18. The Eustace Diamonds, by Anthony Trollope
  19. Life and Fate, by Vasily Grossman
  20. Thus Were Their Faces, by Silvia Ocampo

I hope you will join me for the 26th Spin, which is one of my favorite things.  Our number will be drawn on April 18th.  I can never resist a surprise! 


Comments

  1. I've only read The Wind in the Willows and The Eustace Diamonds, loved both of them. I'm really interested in Life and Fate, not on my Spin list this time around but it is on my TBR list. Good luck with your spin pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind in the Willows is fun and Season of Migration to the North was very good (fun not quite being the word.) Eichmann in Jerusalem is pretty devastating.

    The Black Arrow will be on my spin list once again BECAUSE IT NEVER GETS PICKED! ;-) I have the suspicion that it *would* be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to read Two Years Before the Mast. Well, I was going to vote for The Wind in the Willows hands down, but Swallows and Amazons ....... ooo, I think it's a tie. The Well at the End of the World is interesting too. Have a great spin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Life & Fate would be great, but a challenge to read so soon!
    Congrats on being here for all 26 spins - Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I have quite a few fun titles, but I'm really worried about that Life and Fate. I do want to read it, but it's huge. I remember when I had to read Tom Jones in college, I read it while walking back and forth from home to class, which was quite a long walk. Maybe instead of listening to podcasts on walks I should take a book...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read and enjoyed Swallows and Amazons, Little Grey Men, and Wind in the Willows. Of these, I loved Wind in the Willows best. Swallows and Amazons was a bit of a literary disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have a wonderful home library to have all these on hand! I've read some of Chestnutt's stories and would like to read more, but The Wind in the Willows is such a favorite, that's hard to beat. I hope you enjoy whichever you get!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Amanda, what I actually have is a disgracefully large pile of books from my work library, which has been closed since Covid, and another disgracefully large pile of TBR books. Plus a tablet overloaded with ebooks....It's difficult for me to pass up free books, and in the last year I've been trying to read the pile down. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope. Neither of us got it...I at least got RLS, though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean, I forget about ebooks! I don't usually read them, but that IS an excellent way to pile up the free books...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forget about ebooks too, which means that I get them (usually free or very cheap) and then forget to read them...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz