Back to the Classics Checkin
Karen at Books and Chocolate is hosting the Back to the Classics Challenge this year, and it's time for a check-in post! I have finished SIX of the ELEVEN categories, and I have the movie of Slaughterhouse-Five ready to watch soon. I'm still not sure what classic thriller I'll read--I already read a lot of mysteries but I want something a bit special. Anyway, here you go:
- A 20th Century Classic -- If on a winter's night a traveler, by Italo Calvino
- A 19th Century Classic -- Mill on the Floss, by George Eliot.
- A Classic by a Woman Author
- A Classic in Translation Dead Souls, by Nikolai Gogol.
- A Wartime Classic August 1914, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh
- An American Classic --
- A Classic Mystery, Suspense or Thriller --
- A Historical Fiction Classic.
- A Classic That's Been Adapted Into a Movie or TV Series. Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut.
- Extra Fun Category: Write a Review of the Movie or TV Series adapted from Optional Category #4.
I'm going to take a break for the next week or so while I'm doing summer stuff with the kids. Back soon!