This is Halloween...and events are happening!

Happy Halloween everybody!  I'll be trick-or-treating and going to the traditional pumpkin drop, but first...some upcoming fun events!  Tender lumplings everywhere will want to be in on these:


Today marks the start of Witch Week, our favorite magical week, which ends on November 5, Guy Fawkes Day.  We're hoping for a bonfire this year!  Lory at Emerald City Book Review hosts her traditional Witch Week event, so drop by her blog and see what's going on--there's a new fun thing every day.  I'm looking forward to the readalong with one of my favorite Halloween books!


Brona at Brona's Books is starting her annual AusReading Month, so pick an Australian title and get reading!  She's got some good recommendations.  I have one or two in mind that I might pick.


And November is also the month to discuss non-fiction at Doing Dewey and company.  This looks like fun, and I plan to participate.  Though I have an awful suspicion that I've read less non-fiction this year than usual...


And finally, it can't be Halloween without a little Oingo Boingo and Danny Elfman to sing us along!  Here's the classic, complete with bits from some stupid movie:



But as good as Dead Man's Party is, it isn't my favorite Oingo Boingo song.  I'm a big fan and it's hard to pick, but this year I'll go with Elevator Man:












Comments

  1. Lois? Guess I have a new witchy name! :) Seriously, thanks for the plug once more. I do greatly appreciate it. And I'm looking forward to hosting for Nonfiction November too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz