Readathon, Day 7

I got much more read for this, the last day of the Wicked Wildfire Readathon hosted by Shelf Confessions (and is today the last day?  It says the 7th -14th, so I think there should be another day, right?):

More than 50 pages of Pamela--something new finally happened, instead of an endless rehash of past events!  And it looks like something else might happen tomorrow!

Quite a good bit of On the Road.  I'm well into the sad part now, as Dean Moriarty gradually disintegrates and Sal feels disillusioned with the world.  He even exhibits some sympathy for Dean's wife, although mostly the women are an alien tribe, united in hostility to the men.

And a large chunk of A Red Herring Without Mustard.  It's sort of interesting?  I don't think I'm going to read another one, but I do want to see how this turns out.

I'd like to spend the rest of the evening on In the First Circle.  When I started it a few weeks ago, I didn't realize that the plot arc about Soviet surveillance of all phone calls would turn out to be so immediately relevant....so for that book, I'm going to pick a favorite Boris Grebenshikov song, Молодые Львы (or, the Young Lions).  I guess maybe Radio Silence would be more applicable but I really like this one!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu