Upcoming Events: DWJ Month!

Did you know that March is Diana Wynne Jones month?  To her loyal fans it is, anyway.  Last year was the first DWJ March, to commemorate her passing in March of 2011.  I actually missed out and didn't find out about it until April, which was very disappointing.  But this year is my chance, and we are going to celebrate the second annual DWJ March here at Howling Frog.  The event is hosted by Kristen R. of We Be Reading.

Image by YellowCrayolaCrayon

There will be a readalong of a title not yet chosen (guess we'd better get on that), I will be writing a guest post on DWJ, which makes me very nervous, since the more I love a book the less coherent I am about it, and the amazingness of DWJ just reduces me to babbling idiocy.  On the bright side, it looks like I will even get to do a giveaway!  My very first giveaway!  And how fun is that, it will be with my very favorite author!

Have you ever read anything by Diana Wynne Jones?  If not, why not?  And if so, what's your favorite?

Comments

  1. I am so excited for DWJ Month. I love her so much. I don't know what I did before she was in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First guest post *and* first giveaway? Yay! DWJ is definitely worth both of those. :) The voting seems to be going for Howl's Moving Castle and A Tale of Time City so ... I'm considering doing two read-alongs. ;) I'll probably announce it at the end of this week to give people a couple more days to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right Jenny? Except I didn't really have a time before DWJ--I clearly remember reading Witch's Business in 6th grade.

    Kristen, I have done one guest post before, but I'm pretty new at it. I am a minnow in the Blogging Sea! Am SO looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu