Classics Club Spin #36!

 Hooray, it's the 36th Classics Club Spin!  You know the drill, so here's my list:

  1. No Name, by Wilkie Collins
  2. Second-Class Citizen, by Buchi Emecheta
  3. Sybil, by Disraeli
  4. The Leopard, by di Lampedusa
  5.  Phineas Finn, by Anthony Trollope
  6. The Black Arrow, by R. L. Stevenson
  7. Ring of Bright Water, by Gavin Maxwell
  8. The Tale of Sinhue (ancient Egyptian poetry)
  9.  Eichmann in Jerusalem, by Hannah Arendt
  10.  The Obedience of a Christian Man, by William Tyndale
  11. It Can't Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis
  12. Conjure Tales, by Charles Chesnutt
  13. The Well at the End of the World, by William Morris
  14. It is Acceptable (Det Gaar An), C. J. L. Almqvist 
  15. Two Years Before the Mast, by Richard Henry Dana
  16.  Amerika, by Kafka
  17. Peter the Great's African, by Pushkin
  18.  The Beggar's Opera, by John Gay
  19. The Duchess of Malfi, by John Webster
  20. Rob Roy, by Sir Walter Scott

 Scary list!  I wonder which one it will be??

Comments

  1. It Can't Happen Here is on my list, too, but in a different position. It would be a good choice for this election year in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black Arrow this time for sure... ;-)

    I've read 7 from your list. I had The Leopard on my Classics Club list--it's amazing. Hope you get something good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, surely it will get picked eventually, or I will just give it and read it.

      Delete
  3. I'm rooting for It Can't Happen Here or Amerika.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu