The Classics Club Spin Number...

Is 2!

Therefore, I shall be reading Chaim Potok's My Name is Asher Lev.  I'm very excited!  I have no real idea what the novel is about, besides the obvious, but I enjoyed The Chosen very much and have been wanting to read more Potok. 

I suppose it's a little ironic that I loaded my slate up with long, difficult books and got the one title that will probably be a relatively fast read. 

Hope the rest of you Spinners got a good one too!

It was a good thing I checked for the Spin result fairly early this morning.  Just afterwards, the power went out...for hours.  An insulator at a large power station blew and the whole county went dark.  All is now well, but I'm glad I remembered to check before that happened!






Meanwhile, in other news, I've chosen to read Dr. Wortle's School for Anthony Trollope's 200th anniversary.  I also have the first Palliser novel, in case I suddenly get loads of time.  Dr. Wortle's School is in fact going very quickly and I'm loving it so it could happen.

I've also been trying to pick out some Romantic literature for Fanda's challenge.  I took a look through my Norton's and thought I'd read...some Blake that isn't Songs of Innocence and Experience, and a short story by Sir Walter Scott, and maybe some other things.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you got this one! It's fantastic! Potok's books leave me thinking about them for months after I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a bunch of Potok when I was in high school, and this was one of my favorites. It's been so long since I've read any Potok--perhaps I should pick something up soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a long time ago and so I can't remember a whole lot. I do remember liking it. I think I'll re-read it eventually. I have Potok's "The Chosen" on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Let me know how it is! I love The Chosen too, enormously, and have never read Asher Lev for fear it would disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it would, Jenny. I bet you would love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz