15-Day Book Blogger Challenge, Day 5 (well, 4)

Since I got the days mixed up, this is really the Day 4 question:

What's the last book you flung across the room?


Ooh, that's a toughie.  Of course I don't actually throw any books, but even metaphorically speaking it's hard, because when I don't like a book I just quit and forget about it.  I don't write it down or blog about it unless I actually finish it, and I'm quite willing to drop it if it's not worth reading.  So I'm going to have to think really hard here.  I know I dropped one quite recently, but goodness knows what it was.

I would have thrown Last of the Mohicans across the room if I hadn't vowed to finish it no matter what.  Never again will I try to read James Fenimore Cooper!  And the same goes for Pamela, especially the second volume.

And London Under was kind of aggravating.  I would have thrown that at times for sure.

Comments

  1. Last of the Mohicans is worth throwing. I read several chapters and realized I could never finish it, to the great surprise of my mum. The book was a fave between children in pioneer camps, because Indians are supposed to be cool. She just couldn't understand how it can fail to grab any kid's attention. But on me it totally failed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean Young Pioneers camps in the USSR? All I can say is, Russian kids must have been really good readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to buy Pamela for one of my classes in the fall and I'm so completely not wanting to read it after reading everything you had to say about it. Hopefully there will be no book violence involved.

    This is a tangent, but have you read Shamela?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz