- My post on What Makes Diana Wynne Jones Magical from DWJ March of this year. I can't say it does any justice whatsoever to the amazingness of DWJ, because I am not that articulate, but I tried.
- In January, I co-hosted a children's literature event. This post on 19th-century illustrators was fun to write.
- I love books like Pink and Blue, with lots of cultural history and information about clothing.
- Last October I read The Castle of Otranto for a Gothic novel event. I had fun reading it and writing what I hope was a sort of humorous post.
- I'm including this one because I'm such a sucker for ancient British history and antiquarians: Ancient British Trackways.
|The mailed fist from Castle of Otranto|