Four Jobs I've Had
- Janitor at an airport business. My first job was sweeping out airplane hangars.
- Cashier at a bakery -- twice; one was quite a fancy place. I don't really eat donuts any more....
- Peon at a dining commons (a college dorm eating hall). Dishwasher, food server, etc.
- TA at an elementary school. Great kids, but I got sick a lot.
- Oysters. I'm not really into seafood.
- Bakersfield, California
- Santa Maria, California
- Otterup, Fyn, Denmark
- Berkeley, California
- Tri-tip -- Santa Maria-style BBQ, baby!
|The one true BBQ: Tri-tip, pinquito beans, salsa, garlic bread, and salad.|
Four Movies I've Watched More Than Once
- The Secret of Roan Inish (my favorite!)
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai
|The Secret of Roan Inish|
Four TV Shows I Watch
- The Librarians
- Doctor Who
- Babylon 5 (we're watching this all together right now and it is so fun!)
Four Things I'm Looking Forward to This Year (In 2018)
- More hours at work
- Kid #1 graduates high school (OK, I'm not really looking forward to that all that much!)
- Sewing the quilts I have planned (Tardis! Patchwork City!)
- Reading some fabulous books and blogging about them
- Books, obviously
- My family
- My faith
- The electric heating pad at the foot of the bed
- The Tower of London
- The Round Tower (you know, the one the dog had eyes as big as)
- The Twin Towers (long ago)
- The CN Tower in Toronto
|The Round Tower!|
Four Pet Peeves
- Kids who won't go to bed already
- People who do not replace the toilet paper roll or, worse, leave the lid open (!)
- Wrapper-crinklers at the theater
- People who wait until 5 minutes before the paper is due to print it out, but have no print card, or the file is in Pages, or something like that.
- Speak Russian, or Hindi
- Travel all over the world
- Calligraph really well (that's a verb, right?)
- Spend all my time sewing cool things and reading great books
- Norse mythology
- Classical Greek literature
- Scandinavian literature
|I can catalog an onion. I can catalog YOU.|
Four Things Near Me Right Now
- A phone, with a cord
- A bag of salt and pepper cashews (blame the Girl Scouts)
- A magazine with a really great pattern for a t-shirt quilt in it
- My husband, who is playing a video game