Read 12 books (one for every month of the year) that you would like to read, but don’t already have on your shelves.
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2013 to December 31st, 2013.
2. You are to read 12 books from your current wishlist. If you don’t have a list anywhere, write down books that you are eager to read, that you don’t own yet, and choose 12 books off that list.
3. If you can’t find a book that’s on your wishlist (your library doesn’t have it, or you don’t want/can’t buy it) then you can use another book. But: you are not allowed to include any NEWLY added books for this challenge. So, whatever your list is now, that’s it. I.e. you can’t read amazing things about a book on someone else’s blog, decide you want to read it, then read it for the Wishlist Challenge. The opposite is true: you want to read something for the Wishlist Challenge, so you go to your wishlist, find a book that was on that wishlist before January 1st, 2013, and read it for the challenge.
4. You can overlap with other challenges, as long as you read books that were on your wishlist before January 1st, 2013.
5. Sign up here by leaving a comment with a link to your announcement post for this challenge.
6. When you’ve read your 12 books, come back here and leave a comment with a link to your final post about the challenge. Make sure you’ve done this by January 15th, 2014.
I have 102 books on my "library" wishlist at Amazon right now. I think 12 is the minimum of books I should try to read--that list needs whittling down! I can't possibly write them all down, but here are 20 or so from the top:
- Shadow on the Mountain
- Napoleon's Buttons
- The Violinist's Thumb
- The Coming of the Third Reich
- A Kid for Two Farthings
- Shopping for a Better Country
- Nightingale Wood
- The Penelopiad
- Alys, Always
- The Beauty and the Sorrow
- The Book of Not
- Seven Lies About Catholic History
- Full Tilt
- The Rivals
- Tales from Ovid
- The Secret River
- Keynes Hayek
- Elizabeth and Hazel
- The Morville Hours
- An Evening of Long Goodbyes