The Prisoner of Heaven

The Prisoner of Heaven, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I have a large pile of posts to write up, but I've been busy getting ready for Christmas.  How is everyone finding the time to write blog posts this week??

I finished this trilogy about the Cemetery of Forgotten Books.  The three books are not chronologically ordered and they jump around, so you don't have to read them in any particular order.  This last one, though, does link the different storylines together.

Once again, Barcelona is not a place where anyone is happy.  Once again, women are beautiful objects but not much more.  Daniel Sempere, who was a teenage boy in Shadow of the Wind, is now a grown man, married with a little boy, and he narrates part of the story.  The real protagonist is Fermin, who has been a constant through all three books.  Here we find out his story--some of it, anyway.

It was better than The Angel's Game, and pretty interesting, but overall I'm not thrilled with the trilogy.  The quirky writing that caught my interest at first didn't seem to stay that way.  It was good to explore a new author, but I don't think I'll be reading more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz