Essay Reading Challenge 2013

CarrieK at Books and Movies has been hosting an essay challenge for several years.  I've never run into it before, and now I think I'll give it a try.  Carrie says:


Welcome to the fifth annual Essay Reading Challenge! If you’re an avid essay reader, or just want to expand your reading horizons a bit, this is the challenge for you. If you’re thinking, “What would I read?” – check out this post: Recommended Reading for the Essay Challenge – and “Why read essays?”
~ This challenge runs from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
~ If you read a book of essays, that book can also apply to any other challenges you are working on.
~ To sign up, choose a goal of reading 10, 20, or 30 essays, and then write a challenge post.
~ Copy your challenge post’s link into the Mr. Linky on this main challenge page.
~ You don’t have to list your essays ahead of time – just have fun reading throughout the year.
~ This main challenge page will stay in my header for the whole year. Come back and link any reviews you write.
~ In the past, I have offered a giveaway prize for participants. Since our financial situation is still uncertain, I have decided not to offer a giveaway this year.

I quite like to read essays, so this will be fun.  I'm just going to go for 10, and I'll try to choose classic-y type material for most of it--with room left for frivolity!

Comments

  1. You are bringing WAY too many very appealing challenges to my attention! Now I'm rethinking my just-the-Classics-Club resolution for 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, see, they're all classics-related! You can read classic essays and poetry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join me, and together we will rule the...no wait, together we will read things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I hadn't heard of this before. I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Essay Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz