The Twisted Ones
The Twisted Ones, by T. KingfisherKingfisher (Ursula Vernon) is so prolific that I can't keep up at all. This one turns out to be several years old, and I thought it was new.
Mouse's grandmother was the meanest woman around, and now, after a couple of years in assisted living, she has died, so someone has to go empty out her house, and Mouse's editing job is flexible, so off she goes, her doofy coondog in tow. Grandma lived deep in the North Carolina woods, and she was a hoarder; Mouse is dismayed to be confronted by stacks of newspaper, endless bins of wire hangers, and one entire room crammed with dolls.
Then she finds her step-grandfather's diary, and it reads like a lunatic's ravings...but it's not. There are creatures in the woods. All the nightmarish stories appear to be true, and they're coming after Mouse.
This was a great and spooky, riveting horror read. I loved it. My youngest is going to love it, I'm sure.

Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!