20 Books of Summer Wrapup

 Woohoo, I did it!  I combated my reading slump and reached my goal, and I had a lot of fun doing it.  


 I went off the rails a bit from my list, but that's what lists are for; so you can turn into a pirate and flout them if you want.  A couple I decided not to read; I've color-coded a few for if I'm partly into them or just haven't gotten to them yet.

  • Going to the Wars, by John Verney
  • Walking the Bones of Britain, by Christopher Somerville
  • Castle Dor, by Arthur Quiller-Couch and Daphne du Maurier 
  • The Curse of the Montrolfes, by Ronan O'Grady
  •  Germany Jekyll and Hyde, by Sebastian Haffner  (whoa, seriously heavy-duty, save for later)
  • The Elements of Typographic Style, by Robert Bringhurst
  •  Braiding Sweetgrass, by Robin Wall Kimmerer
  • Knock Three Times! by Marion St. John Webb
  • The Otterbury Incident, by C.Day Lewis 
  • The Millicent Quibb School....by Kate McKinnon  (got 5 pages in, not for me)
  • Kraken, by China Mieville
  • When They Severed Earth From Sky, by Elizabeth Wayland Barber 
  • On Power and the Powerless, by Vaclav Havel
  • On Lying and Politics, by Hannah Arendt
  • Bushman Lives! by Daniel Pinkwater
  • Early Riser, by Jasper Fforde
  • The Road to Roswell, by Connie Willis
  • Wordhoard (Anglo-Saxon works), ed. by Jill Paton Walsh 
  • Walking the Bowl, by Chris Lockhart
  • Sunken Lands, by Gareth Rees
  • Beau Geste, by P C Wren
  • Parables of Kierkegaard

  • I'm pretty happy!  I wound up reading 22 books, most of my list, and some extras.  I really enjoyed all the reading time and feel like I did well in rebuilding my reading habits, which as I've said elsewhere, I lost a lot of in the stress of the last couple of years.

    So many thanks to AnnaBookBel for hosting, because I always really have fun with this challenge!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Summerbook #9: The Deorhord

    Faerie Queen Readalong I: Redcrosse, the Knight of Holiness

    The White Goddess