CC Spin #34!

 Guess what time it is?  That's right, it's another Spin!  Huzzah!  Here's the post, and you know the rules.  The lucky number will be posted on Sunday, and we'll have until August 6th to read the book.  Only one of these is on my 20 Books of Summer list, and if I get a different one that is long I might have to do some trading.  There are some awfully long Victorian novels on here.  Wish me luck!

 

  1. The Well at the End of the World, by William Morris
  2. The Story of Hong Gildong (a Korean classic)
  3. The Black Arrow, by R. L. Stevenson
  4. Revelations of Divine Love, by Julian of Norwich
  5. Conjure Tales, by Charles Chesnutt
  6. The Duchess of Malfi, by John Webster
  7. Rob Roy, by Sir Walter Scott
  8. Second-Class Citizen, by Buchi Emecheta
  9. Ring of Bright Water, by Gavin Maxwell
  10. The Tale of Sinhue (ancient Egyptian poetry)
  11.  I Served the King of England, by Bohumil Hrabal
  12. It Can't Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis
  13. First Love and Other Stories, by Turgenev
  14. Sybil, by Disraeli
  15. The Law and the Lady, by Wilkie Collins
  16. Diary of London, by Boswell
  17. It is Acceptable (Det Gaar An), C. J. L. Almqvist 
  18.  Amerika, by Kafka
  19. Peter the Great's African, by Pushkin
  20. No Name, by Wilkie Collins

 

Comments

  1. I have only read 4 and 12. Obviously super different but both really good. On my way now to check your Korean classic.
    Here is my list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/06/13/the-classics-club-the-classics-spin-34/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read 20, but I did love it, so I wish you Wilkie Collins :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu