Mount TBR Challenge Complete

Bev always has a final checkpoint for her Mount TBR Challenge.  She wants to know:

1. Tell us how many miles you made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you've planted your flag on the peak, then tell us and celebrate (and wave!).  Even if you were especially athletic and have been sitting atop your mountain for months, please check back in and remind us how quickly you sprinted up that trail. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting book adventures you've had along the way.

I completed 24 books (just barely!), which was my goal.  Nearly all of them were very good--not always pleasant, fun-type books, but well-written and good to read.  People Tell Me Things wasn't much, but that was the only disappointment.


2. The Year in Review According to Mount TBR: Using the titles of the books you read this year, please associate as many statements as you can with a book read on your journey up the Mountain.  I have given my titles as examples.

Describe yourself:
People Tell Me Things (I am a librarian, after all)
Describe where you currently live:
The Green and Burning Tree (it's not very comfy)

  If you could go anywhere where would you go?:Arthur's Britain
Every Monday morning I look/feel like: one of the
Dead Souls
The last time I went to the doctor/therapist was because: I'd taken an
Un-Rest Cure
The last meal I ate was: served on a
Mirror of Flowers
When a creepy guy/girl asks me for my phone number, I: know he'll be worse than
Frankenstein
Ignorant politicians make me: think they're
Playing With Fire
Some people need to spend more time: learning
History in English Words
My memoir could be titled:
A Time of Gifts
If I could, I would tell my teenage self: don't worry too much about
The Custom of the Country
I've always wondered about
The Thing Around Your Neck 


Here are all my titles:
  1. History in English Words, by Owen Barfield
  2. Dead Souls, by Nikolai Gogol
  3.  Playing With Fire, by the Sangtin Writers
  4.  Candide, by Voltaire
  5.  The Green and Burning Tree, by Eleanor Cameron
  6. The Un-Rest Cure, by Saki 
  7. A Time of Gifts, by Patrick Leigh Fermor 
  8. Arthur's Britain, by Leslie Alcock 
  9. Mirror of Flowers, by Dorothea Eastwood 
  10. The Mill on the Floss, by George Eliot
  11. Kaffir Boy, by Mark Mathabane 
  12. The Custom of the Country, by Edith Wharton
  13. Joseph Andrews, by Henry Fielding  
  14. People Tell Me Things, by David Finkle
  15. In the Steps of the Master, by V. H. Morton 
  16. The Man Born to Be King, by Dorothy Sayers 
  17. Beauty in the Word, by Stratford Caldecott 
  18. Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley 
  19. Second Treatise on Government, by John Locke 
  20. Two Lives of Charlemagne, by Einhar and Notker the Stammerer 
  21. The Thing Around Your Neck, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 
  22. War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy 
  23. Tristram Shandy, by Laurence Sterne 
  24. Molotov's Magic Lantern, by Rachel Polonsky 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz