Sail to the Past Challenge Wrapup

Fanda at Classic Lit asked for a wrapup to her excellent Sail to the Past Challenge.  Let's see how I did.


I signed up to read 7 or more books, and I read 8.  I did not read 4 or 5 of the titles I originally picked, and some of those are on my TBR pile for 2015.
  1. The Endless Summer: England 1911, Just Before the Storm, by Juliet Nicolson
  2. The Guns of August, by Barbara Tuchman (for the 100th anniversary of the start of WWI)
  3. The History of the Ancient World, by Susan Wise Bauer
  4. A Time of Gifts, by Patrick Leigh Fermor
  5. Arthur's Britain, by Leslie Alcock 
  6. Savage Continent, by Keith Lowe  
  7. In the Steps of the Master, by V. H. Morton
  8. Molotov's Magic Lantern, by Rachel Polonsky
There was lots of great history reading this year.  I only wish I could have fit more in. 

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz