This is a reading OR writing project. If you lack time to read about a topic for a month but would like to write about it (whether you’re an expert or not) that’s certainly encouraged. Research-based posts, free-writing, emotion-based “I love this topic” journal entries, lists – all are welcome and encouraged. Some of you may be experts (or experts in progress) on some of the selected topics. Your input is highly encouraged and appreciated! Others are new to literature. For you and the experts, exploration is encouraged.
- January: William Shakespeare (or his contemporaries. Elizabethan England, etc)
- February: Harlem Renaissance / African-American Literature.
- March: Feminist Literature / Persophone / Virago Literature
- April: Transcendentalist literature (or its inspirations/influence in literature)
- May: Postcolonial Literature / World Literature.
- June: World War One and/or The Lost Generation. Modernist literature.
- July: Post-Modernist literature.
- August: The Enlightenment Thinkers
- September: Romantic Literature
- October: LGBT literature
- November: Victorian Literature
- December: Freebie Month – Clearly we couldn’t cover everything in the prior eleven months. What wasn’t touched upon above that you want to explore/highlight/expand upon? Pick an author, movement or category within literature that means something to you and write or read about it to finish out the year.
I don't see myself participating in every single month's theme, but I certainly hope to do as many as possible! Doesn't it look fun?