|Finished quilt top|
I've been in the mood to produce something really complicated, with lots of little pieces. I haven't done much complex piecing in years, as I have spent a lot of time on heirloom smocking and sewing and less on quilting, and the quilts I have made have tended to be the easy-piecing, spectacular-fabric kind. Now I suddenly have four complicated quilts in my head! So I went through my stash and planned 3 of them, and picked a Lori Smith pattern to start with. I've been saving up fabric for years to do an antique-style quilt with repro fabrics, and now I'm finally getting around to it. It's a medallion pattern, and I've done the central 18" block (the scary part!) and now I'm working on a myriad of little 3" blocks in various patterns to go around it.
What really put me in the mood for complex piecing was a new quilting book I found last week on my trip, but I'm going to tell about that in my next booky post--tomorrow probably.