TBR Challenge 2018 Signups

I've left the 2018 challenges until the last possible second, and now I'm going to have to post a bunch at once!  I haven't seen any new-to-me challenges that grabbed me, and so I'm going with my tried and true old friends like... the TBR challenges!  I have about 90 books crammed on to two shelves which are my TBR shelves, and they need some clearing.

Bev at My Reader's Block says:


January 2018 will kick off the seventh year for the Mount TBR Reading Challenge (I miscounted last year!) and I don't seem to be getting those mountains moved at all. ...So, once again, I plan to concentrate on reading primarily from my own books in the coming year. And you're invited to join me in knocking out some of those books that have been waiting in the wings for weeks....months...even years.

Challenge Levels:

Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s


Once again, I'll be aiming for Mount Blanc: 24 books.  Check out the rules and everything at her post and join up!


And, Adam at Roof Beam Reader is bringing his TBR Pile Challenge back!  This one is a little different, so the two go together nicely:


After a two-year hiatus (while I was writing my doctoral dissertation – sorry!) I am pleased to announce that Roof Beam Reader’s official TBR Pile Challenge is back for the SEVENTH YEAR!

The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
Specifics:
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2017 or later (any book published in the year 2016 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.

Go read Adam's post to learn more!  Here are my 14 books:

  1. Early Christian Writings (a collection)
  2. Rasselas, by Samuel Johnson
  3. Pan Tadeusz, by Adam Mickiewicz 
  4. Individualism and Economic Order, by F. A. Hayek
  5. Lectures on Russian Literature, by Nabokov
  6. Memoirs of the Crusades
  7. Confronting the Classics, by Mary Beard
  8. 800 Years of Women's Letters (a collection)
  9. Danubia, by Simon Winder
  10. An essay thing by Chinua Achebe
  11. The Sea and Poison, by Shusaku Endo
  12. Libraries in the Ancient World
  13. Fire in the Bones, by Wilcox (a biography of Tyndale)
  14. The Story of Science, by Susan Wise Bauer (my guru!)

That top one is a book I'm reading now, so don't count it.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz