...I am determined to revisit some of my favorite pieces of classic literature; those works which I love and have called “favorite” at sometime or other, but which I’ve only read once. But, I also want to continue to read new-to-me material. So, I came up with a plan for myself to read 12 books in 2017, 6 of which will be re-reads and 6 of which will be new to me. To make this even more fun, I thought I would invite anyone and everyone to join me, either for the entire year or for the books which you’re most interested in reading (or re-reading) along with me.
There are no obligations to stick with this for all 12 months. Come and go as you please.
My plan at the moment is:
- Post an announcement with the #CBAM2017 reading list (below).
- Ask those who would like to join me for all/part of this book club to share about it on their blog/site and post a link to the Mister Linky widget below. (spread the word!)
- Have an introductory post around the 1st of each month, describing the book and a reading pace (for myself – you can use it or not!)
- Post a check-in each month, around the 15th, to see how people are doing, generate a Q & A, etc.
- Post a wrap-up/review at the end of the month, when I finish the book, and open up the comments for discussion, just like an in-person book club. There might even be wine and chocolates! (on this end at least)
- January: Twelfth Night, by Shakespeare
- February: Steppenwolf, by Hermann Hesse
- March: Caleb Williams, by William Godwin
- April: Treasure of the City of Ladies, by Christine de Pisan
- May: Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- June: The Towers of Trebizond, by Rose Macaulay
- July: A Jane Austen novel of my choice
- August: Down and Out in Paris and London, by George Orwell
- September: Homeric Hymns
- October: The Man in the Iron Mask, by Alexandre Dumas
- November: Whatever I feel like rereading in November!
- December: Cloudstreet by Tim Winton