One book, two book, three book, more!

Here's a fun book-blogging meme that is making the rounds today--I found it on My Reader's Block. It was invented by Simon at Stuck-in-a-Book.


1. The books I’m currently reading: What the Tortoise Taught Us, a short overview of philosophy. So far I'm iffy. He may be an expert in philosophy, but he's egregiously misquoted the Bible and gotten some science wrong. Also, Wildwood, a children's/YA book about two kids and their adventures in the Impassable Wilderness. Interesting, but the boy's experiences so far are an awful lot like Edmund's in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Also also, Isaac Watts' book on improving the mind, but that's a long-term ebook project. I really liked the bit I just read, it reminded me of many college students I have known.

2. The last book I finished: Austenland, by Shannon Hale, quickly read last night. A short, fun book.

3. The next book I want to read: Gender Trouble, which is the next Feminist Classics Challenge book (and very impenetrable it looks too), Evil Genes (see today's Cold-Blooded Kindness post--I found the book at work, it jumped out at me from the first shelf next to my office) and Well-Behaved Women Rarely Make History, a commentary from Laurel Thatcher Ulrich on her inadvertently-coined slogan.

4. The last book I bought: Trusting Jesus, by Jeffery R. Holland. I got to go to a church bookstore Saturday, which is a rare treat for me.
.
5. The last book I was given: Moomintroll series, for my birthday. Five of them, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz