Amy J at My Overstuffed Bookshelf is upping the stakes this year with a 150+ Books Reading Challenge.
I don't think this one will be hard at all; I'm pretty sure that if I just count everything I read (which I have never done for this blog--I leave out things like mind-candy mysteries and my 13th re-reading of my favorite Diana Wynne Jones book), that it will come out to 150 or more. I'm counting this as a freebie! I'll just keep a running total at the end of this post, which I will turn into a tab when I feel techy, and I'll include the titles I'm not going to blog about officially. Here are the rules:
1. The goal is to read 150 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Posting on GoodReads or wherever you post your reviews is good enough.
2. Allowed are: Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts. What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st, 2012 thru December 31, 2012. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
6. When you sign up under Linky, put the direct link to your post where your books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.