A Different Classics Challenge



Katherine at November's Autumn is also hosting a classics challenge, but this one is a little different. I'm going to join up for the discussion fun, but it won't actually require me to read anything more than I already have slated unless I want to. Here are the rules:

The Challenge

Read seven works of Classic Literature in 2012
Only
three of the seven may be re-reads

How Does it Work?


I've organized this challenge to work a little like a blog hop. I hope this will make it more interactive and enjoyable for everyone.

Instead of writing a review as you finish each book (of course, you can do that too), visit November's Autumn on the 4th of each month from January 2012 - December 2012.


You will find a prompt, it will be general enough that no matter which Classic you're reading or how far into it, you will be able to answer. There will be a form for everyone to link to their post. I encourage everyone to read what other participants have posted.


  • What if I'm not sure I can participate every month? Don't worry, the main goal is to read seven Classics. Try to participate in at least three prompts throughout the year
  • What if I'm still reading the same book as last month? That's ok!
  • What if I'm not reading something for this challenge during one of the months? You can choose to either skip that prompt or answer about the Classic you've most recently read.

Join the Challenge

Anyone who loves to read and has a blog is invited
You can join at anytime

  1. Write a post on your blog with a list of the seven works you hope to read in 2012 and why you chose them-- but don't feel bound by the list.
  2. Please include a link back to this page in your post, so others can learn about the challenge and join us.
  3. Fill out the form at the bottom, linking to your post.
  4. Check back on the 4th of each month.

Here are some tentative picks (almost the same ones as for the other challenge!):

Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert
Eugene Onegin, by Alexander Pushkin
She Stoops to Conquer, by Oliver Goldsmith
The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton
Doctor Thorne, by Anthony Trollope
The Portrait of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde (this is a re-read)
Dracula, by Bram Stoker

Comments

  1. Just found this challenge...won't be participating, but you chose great books.

    I need to read some of them....embarrassing to say, but I haven't read any you chose. :(

    ENJOY!!!

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz