Russian Literature Challenge 2020

Keely at A Common Reader is hosting another Russian Literature Challenge, hooray!  You would not believe the amount of Russian literature on my shelf.  Well, you would.  But it's a lot.  This challenge goes right along with my 2020 goals, and it's nice and relaxed, so I'm excited to join up.  Keely says:

Personally I'm not the greatest fan of challenges that have too many rules and regulations so I only have one: read as much (or as little) Russian literature in 2020 as you want to and share your thoughts if you so desire! I have a recommended reading list that I'll add the link to at the end of this post for ideas but how you define Russian literature is up to you.
 Here are some titles, in no particular order, that are on my list of things to read, but I'm not committing to anything specific at this time.

The White Guard or Heart of a Dog, by Mikhail Bulgakov
Shorter works of Tolstoy
Last Witnesses and The Unwomanly Face of War, by Svetlana Alexievich
Oblomov, by Ivan Goncharov
Most anything by Teffi
The Idiot and The Possessed, by Dostoyevsky, also short stories
First Love and stories, and Sketches From a Hunter's Album by Ivan Turgenev
And Quiet Flows the Don, by Mikhail Sholokov
The works of Vasily Grossman
Jacob's Ladder, by Ludmila Ulitskaya
A couple short things by Sholzhenitsyn I've got lying around
Red Calvary, by Isaac Babel
Stories by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya

So, you know, hardly anything.


Comments

  1. You're in! Yay, Jean!

    Love your list. I would be up to The White Guard, any Tolstoy short works and mostly anything! I was think Life and Fate by Grossman but it's supposedly Looooooong!!

    The Idiot is almost a chunkster, isn't it? I've read it and loved it but feel like I missed alot. I need to read it again.

    I have a book of Russian short stories that I can't wait to get to.

    Let's link up for a buddy read in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Yay! Indeed, Life and Fate is HUGE. I just found a copy on the donation table and it's...896 pages long. O.O So maybe the White Guard? I've been dying to read that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz