Back to the Classics 2018: Wrap-up

I've done it!  I was a bit worried about finding that crime classic (what a relief that spy novels count!).  But I've successfully finished all twelve categories for Karen's Back to the Classics Challenge.  I have thus earned three entries in the drawing!  Karen mandates that we include a contact address in the post, so here it is: jkleek at gmail dot com, which is the one on my profile.

The twelve categories and titles are:


1.  A 19th Century Classic -- Miss Mackenzie, by Anthony Trollope
2.  A 20th Century Classic -- The Third Policeman, by Flann O'Brien 3.  A Classic by a Woman Author And So Flows History, by Hahn Moo-Sook
4.  A Classic in Translation.-- The Dawning, by Milka Bajic Poderegin
5.  A children's classic.  -- The Wonderful Garden, by E. Nesbit
6. 
A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction.  -- Greenmantle, by John Buchan
7. 
A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction. -- Rasselas, by Samuel Johnson
8.
A classic with a single-word title.  -- Walpurgisnacht, by Gustav Meyrink
9. 
A classic with a color in the title. --
The White Devil, by John Webster
10.
A classic by an author that's new to you. -- Pan Tadeusz, by Adam Mickiewicz
11.
A classic that scares you. --
Glass Bead Game, by Hermann Hesse
12. 
Re-read a favorite classic. 
-- Keep the Aspidistra Flying, by George Orwell
I'm looking forward to the 2019 challenge!  I always have fun with this one.


Comments

  1. Great Job! I hope Karen offers it again in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! She hasn't said so yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, well done! I think I've managed about 6 books, but have only written posts for a couple. It's always a fun challenge though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's a really good one -- challenging, but not impossible, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I am always so impressed by the diversity of your choices. Thanks again for participating, I'm looking forward to the 2019 challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu