Whether you’re a new blogger or a seasoned vet, blog comments are one of the most rewarding aspects of blogging. As a way to connect with new bloggers and challenge ourselves to spread the comment love, Lonna @ FLYLēF and Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense created the Comment Challenge. Each month over the summer, bloggers are paired together and encouraged to comment on each other’s blogs. August marks the final month of this challenge and if you haven’t joined or if you’ve been with us since the beginning, we’d love to have you take part. All the info you need is below and do not hesitate to ask us any questions you may have.
- This is the final month to sign up for this challenge for the summer.
- Bloggers will be paired up and are required to comment on each other’s blog posts.
- To allow a bit of freedom, you will be able to choose how often you would like to comment on your partner’s blog (options include 5-10 or 11-20 posts).
- Social Media Option: If you’d like to give your partner further encouragement through social media, we will do our best to connect you with bloggers who are active on the same platforms.
- Giveaway: at the end of August, we will be giving away two bookish prizes. Please note: this giveaway will only be open to participants.
- Sign Up: Starting today through the 21st, you can sign up for this challenge for August. Just answer a few questions on the Google Doc below. We will be emailing you a couple of days before August 1st to inform you of your partner.
- Create a Sign-up Post: We will be posting a link-up on the 15th for participants to share their posts. What you should include:
- Announce your intention to participate and what you’re looking forward to for this challenge
- Let us know how often you intend to comment on your partner’s blog
- Tell us if you participated in June or July and what your experience was like
- Link back to your hosts: Lonna @ FLYLēF and Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
- Include the Comment Challenge banner
- Spread the Word: We’d love to see this challenge take off, so let other bloggers know about it. We’ll be using the Twitter hashtag #commentchallenge2016
- Comment: When August 1st rolls around, get to commenting on your partner’s blog!
So that looks like fun, and I'm looking forward to participating! I'm going to sign up for the 11-20 level, which means I am now morally obligated to post a bunch in August.