When I started writing this post, I thought I only had three titles read on my list. But then I went back through my posts, and realized that in fact I'd read seven, but hadn't been keeping up. I guess doing a checkpoint is a good thing! This actually takes me more than halfway up my original goal, but I'm hoping to move on to 24. My TBR shelf is pretty stuffed.
- Starship Troopers, by Robert Heinlein
- The Umbrella Man, by Roald Dahl
- Cromartie v. the God Shiva... by Rumer Godden
- The Left Hand of Darkness, by Ursula K. LeGuin
- Time and Again, by Clifford D. Simak
- The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge, by Rainer Maria Rilke
- The Broken Road, by Patrick Leigh Fermor
Bev also asks that we play a little game or answer a question. Here are the two that best fit:
C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read ever? Etc.)
Most of them have been decent, but not really surprising or super-wonderful. The Dahl collection was the most fun, but that was not a surprise!
D. Title Scrabble: See if you can spell a word using the first letter of the first word in the titles of some/all of the books you have read so far. Feel free to consider "A," "An," or "The" as the first word or not as it helps you with your word hunt.