Tom Sawyer


The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain

It's been a very, very long time since I read about Tom Sawyer! I really had fun reading this book, and I'm sure I appreciated it much more this time around. It's very funny, and just such a great picture of a young boy. I wound up requesting the audio book for my younger daughter, who probably couldn't handle the reading quite yet but will love the story. I also checked the sequels out and will probably read them; they sound a bit more Jules Verne-y than this more realistic (if very improbable) story.

This was a selection for the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Challenge! That takes me to 6 out of 9. I checked 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea out of the library, so that's next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz