52 Books 2010 Wrap-up

Robin at the 52 books challenge posted these questions for a wrap-up:

Did you reach the goal of 52 books?
: Yes. I didn't blog about all of them, but I certainly read at least that many.

If you didn't, how many did you manage to read?: N/A

What was the last book you read?: The last book I finished was War in Heaven, by Charles Williams. I'm in the middle of 3 or 4 right now.

Did you read from a list and fly by the seat of your pants choosing a different book each week?: I had some books that I wanted to read, but mostly I picked up whatever looked good at the library. When it comes to books, I'm a butterfly. I flit.

Did you learn something new about yourself, an author, an topic?: I learned about a whole lot of things--North Korea, the Crusades, Malawi, and patriarchal Christianity were a few.

How many classics did you read?: I think about 15, but you have to count some kind of minor and odd things as classics. But hey, the canon is not closed, and if I can plausibly say it's a classic, it is!

Did you discover a new author or genre? Did you love them or hate them? This year I discovered Elizabeth Goudge and Kage Baker, and I love them both. And H. V. Morton too!


Name your bottom ten least favorite reads: The Swan Thieves (blech). I can't think of anything else that I really disliked, that I actually finished.

Name a book you simply could not finish: So far, Hayek's Constitution of Liberty. But I'm not beaten yet. (There are lots of books I just don't bother to finish because I don't think they're worth it. Most recently, Enlightened Sexism by Susan J. Douglas. I agreed with her premise but didn't think much of her book.)

Name a book you expected to like but didn't: The aforementioned Enlightened Sexism!

Name a book you expected to not like but did: Hm, I can't really think of one. Maybe I won't open books I don't expect to like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu