This Book is Full of Spiders

This Book is Full of Spiders (Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It), by David Wong/Jason Pargin

 I found the title irresistible, though I'm not sure this is really quite my style of novel.  It's #2 in John Dies at the End -- there are 4 in total -- and I've liked them fine, but I'm not sure I like them enough to read more.  (Which is pretty common for me these days; there have been lots of series where I read and liked the first one, but never felt the need to keep going.)

Story: David and John, who live in Weirdsville USA, can see critters from other dimensions because they took the 'soy sauce' drug.  A horrifying spider-esque parasite invades David's house, tries to eat him, and then breeds, turning quite a few of the town's residents into hosts -- and the whole place into a zombie apocalypse scenario.  Amid military lockdown, panic, flailing, and way too many guns in the hands of guys who have no idea how to use them well, it's up to David, Amy, and John to save the world from invisible spiders that take over your brain.

 Interesting, scary, saturated with 14-year-old boy humor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu