Ozathon 2024

 Lory over at the Enchanted Castle has had a fun idea: reading all 14 Oz books from December 2023 - January 2025.  If you can't take that much Oz, the first six are the main titles and you can just read those.

I remember reading many of the Oz books when I was a kid, including several of the later titles.  But I haven't read them at all since then (except of course the first one, which I aloud to my kids).  So it would be quite interesting to do an adult readalong and see how they hold up and what I missed before.  I had no idea that Baum was making fun of General Jinjer, for example; I thought she was great.

So I'm going to do it and read at least the first six books.  We'll see how it goes!

First up!


Comments

  1. Oohhh, this is very tempting!! I love the first Oz book. I have been meaning to get all the paperbacks, but it is a LOT. Are you going to be reading hard copies or ebooks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure on reading whatever the library has available, which is sometimes hard copies and sometimes ebooks! I'd like to get fully illustrated copies if possible, since of course the illustrations are a large part of the experience.

      Delete
  2. Yay! So happy to have you along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should just commit to reading the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join us in December for the Wizard of Oz! No need to commit further.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu