CC Spin #35!

 It's the 35th Classics Club Spin!  You know the rules.  The number will be announced this Sunday and we'll have until December 3rd to read the chosen book.  Here's the list:

  1. The Well at the End of the World, by William Morris
  2. Diary of London, by Boswell
  3. It is Acceptable (Det Gaar An), C. J. L. Almqvist 
  4. Two Years Before the Mast, by Richard Henry Dana
  5.  Amerika, by Kafka
  6. Peter the Great's African, by Pushkin
  7. No Name, by Wilkie Collins
  8. The Black Arrow, by R. L. Stevenson
  9. Ring of Bright Water, by Gavin Maxwell
  10. The Tale of Sinhue (ancient Egyptian poetry)
  11.  I Served the King of England, by Bohumil Hrabal
  12.  Phineas Finn, by Anthony Trollope
  13. It Can't Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis
  14. Revelations of Divine Love, by Julian of Norwich
  15. Conjure Tales, by Charles Chesnutt
  16. The Duchess of Malfi, by John Webster
  17. Rob Roy, by Sir Walter Scott
  18. Second-Class Citizen, by Buchi Emecheta
  19. Sybil, by Disraeli
  20. The Leopard, by di Lampedusa

I think I'd quite like to read The Black Arrow, but most of these will work for me.  I'm not in the mood for Dostoyevsky, but anything else sounds fine.

Comments

  1. It Can't Happen Here is also on my list. I've had a real hankering to read it lately, so maybe we'll get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wish you can get The Black Arrow. It's on my CC list too, and I'm curious what you would think about it. If not that, maybe No Name - that's a title I've often included in previous Spins, but never got picked :D. Well, happy spinning, and have fun, Jean!
    My spin list: https://klasikfanda.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-classics-club-spin-cc-spin-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read No Name for our 6th CC spin - I still think about it fondly! I read The leopard once but barely recall anything about it. I probably should read Walter Scott one day since he is often called the father of historical fiction (my favourite genre), but the length of his novels put me off!
    Happy spinning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Black Arrow--this time for sure! Though I found The Leopard awfully good, and I'll second Brona on No Name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Leopard is one I could I read again. I found it very good. I've also read The Conjure Tales, but don't have strong memories. But regardless, I hope you get something you love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu