More quilts!!

 There has been enormous popular demand (well, one request) for me to show the reading-themed quilt that my friend made for me, so here it is.  She made it look kind of like me!

I also realized that when I took a break back in November/December, that meant that I never posted about the guild quilt show.  I entered several items for show, and two for judging.  I don't think of myself as a person who produces judge-worthy quilts, but on the other hand, if nobody puts in quilts for judging it's not as interesting.  So I generally challenge myself to enter something as a personal goal, not because my quilts are all that fantastic.  And guess what, each won a first prize in its category!  (There are a lot of categories.)  So here they are:

"When the Tripods Came," a very small quilt

"It's Only Forever," a giant quilt

There were a lot of amazing quilts at the show.  It was a lot of fun, and really nice to have an event again after three years; usually we do it every other year, but of course Covid meant that we missed the 2021 date that was going to happen.

Comments

  1. The book quilt is amazing! Love it. I also especially love your labyrinth quilt, when I came across that design somewhere I immediately wondered how I could knit it as a blanket (seems it would be a great mosaic knitting pattern). But it was too much work to actually execute the idea. I am glad to see somebody made it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of work in quilt form too! But it's the best labyrinth pattern I've ever seen and I had to do it. :)

      Delete
  2. OOOOOH, those quilts are beautiful! I'm so impressed by you and your friend -- and congrats on your two wins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your giant quilt is impressive. A lot of work went into keeping the blocks in the right order!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz