Huzzah, it's CC Spin #29!

Oh, I do love the Spin.  This is the 29th Spin, and Brona and I have done them all.  You probably know the drill: make a list of 20 books from the CC list, the random number will be dropped on Sunday, and you read the book before the deadline on April 30th.

So here's my list!

  1. Conjure Tales, by Charles Chesnutt
  2. The Box of Delights, by John Masefield
  3.  Amerika, by Kafka
  4.  First Love and Other Stories, by Turgenev
  5. Our Mutual Friend, by Charles Dickens
  6. The Gray Earth, by Galsan Tshinag
  7. It is Acceptable (Det Gaar An), C. J. L. Almqvist 
  8. Revelations of Divine Love, by Julian of Norwich
  9. Motl, the Cantor's Son, by Sholem Aleichem
  10. The Female Quixote, by Charlotte Lennox
  11. House of Glass, by Pramoedya Ananta Toer
  12. Second-Class Citizen, by Buchi Emecheta
  13. The Leopard, by di Lampedusa 
  14. The Black Arrow, by R. L. Stevenson 
  15.  I Served the King of England, by Bohumil Hrabal
  16. It Can't Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis
  17. Hunger, by Knut Hamsun
  18. Madwoman on the Bridge, by Su Tong
  19. Thus Were Their Faces, by Silvina Ocampo 
  20. The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Victor Hugo

The scariest ones on here are Victor Hugo, who I have never read, and Our Mutual Friend

Are you joining the Spin?  I hope so!  There are prizes galore.  (The prize is you get to read a book!)

Comments

  1. Some of these sound challenging just because of their length (Victor I am looking at you!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's half the reason I'm scared of it!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on doing all of the Classics Club spins! The Hunchback of Notre Dame is on my TBR. I read Les Mis by Victor Hugo in 2019 and read it again last year. It is one of my all-time favorite books! So I can't wait to see what I think of The Hunchback of Notre Dame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister also has Hugo as one of her very favorites. So I hope I will love him too.

      Delete
  3. Wahoo! I forgot this was coming up. I'll get busy with my list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be the Black Arrow for sure this time! ;-)

    Our Mutual Friend and The Leopard are both favorites of mine, but I hope you get something I don't know. I'm curious how the Indonesian series goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked any of those, but we're going to find out how the Indonesian series goes! Woohoo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz