Two more March events!

Yes, indeed there are other reading events besides March Magics, and here they are.

Paula at Book Jotter is hosting Dewithon 2019, also known as Reading Wales.  Read anything by a Welsh writer, or about Wales!  My trouble is, all the Welsh books I can find are fantasy novels I've read before, but I have this copy of Elidor, by Alan Garner, that I haven't read in a long time, and also Jasper Fforde wrote a fantasy trilogy I haven't read yet, so I got The Last Dragonslayer.  I plan to enjoy those, and sometime I will get my hands on some Serious Welsh Literature.


Cathy at 746 Books is hosting Reading Ireland 2019.   She's even going to have weekly themes!  It so happens that I put a battered old book of Yeats on my TBR list for Adam's challenge this year, so I'll read that.    Looking into it properly, I find that it contains Stories of Red Hanrahan, The Secret Rose (also a collection of stories), and Rosa Alchemica -- a novella perhaps?   I really have very little idea of what is in this book, and was pretty surprised to see a publishing date of 1914 when I inspected it just now.  It's pretty elderly but I didn't think it would be that old.  I've never read anything by Yeats that wasn't poetry, so we'll see how I like his prose.           


Comments

  1. Ohh, once I finish How Green Was My Valley, I might have to squeeze in an Irish ☘️ book as well! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout-out, Jean. I have retweeted your post and linked back to it from DHQ https://bookjotter.com/2018/03/26/dhq-dewithon19/ 😃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu