My Blog's Name in Books

I saw this fun game this morning at o's On Bookes and promptly had to do it, despite the many other more pressing bloggy duties awaiting me.  So here we go, Howling Frog Books spelled out in books from my TBR pile.  This game was invented by Fictionophile!

The rules:
1. Spell out your blog’s name. 
2. Find a book from your TBR that begins with each letter. (Note you cannot ADD to your TBR to complete this challenge – the books must already be on your Goodreads TBR)
3. Have fun!  
I don't really have a Goodreads TBR -- I don't use it in the proper way at all.  So I went and looked at my actual, physical TBR shelf:


The books:

The High Book of the Grail (Perlesvaus), trans. by Nigel Bryant
The Obedience of a Christian Man, by William Tyndale
Weatherman, by somebody (it's an old library discard that intrigued me)
Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo
Individualism and Economic Order, by F. A. Hayek
A Novel Bookstore, by Laurence Cosse
Germany Since the War (this would be WWI), also a random intriguing discard

Fire in the Bones, by Michael Wilcox
Resurrection, by Lev Tolstoy
The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
True Grit, by Charles Portis (my only slight cheat!)

By the Hand of Mormon, by Terryl Givens
Over the Gate, by Miss Read
Our Mutual Friend, by Charles Dickens
Kappa, by Ryunosuke Akutagawa
The Sea and Poison, by Shusaku Endo


O did the game with her CC list, which is also a great idea that now I would like to do.  Maybe next week!



Comments

  1. Ooh, I love this! You've done brilliantly! I need to see if I can do this just with books I own but haven't read. It would be a masterpiece of shame. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! Your blog name is excellent for this. Can you find enough E titles??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read (almost read) Les Mis - not too late to join in our year-long chapter a day readalong :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz