I saw this game/list on Lory's blog, the Emerald City Book Review, and I thought it would be fun:
1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
A lot of it is on my nightstand or on the floor next to my bed, neatly stacked. I have a lot of library books, and those have a special shelf on the bookshelf in my living room (right now that pile has spilled over into my bedroom, as I'm checking a lot of books out from work for summer reading). My virtual TBR pile is on Amazon wishlists.
2. Is your TR mostly print or e-book?
Good question. I do prefer print, and I read a lot more in print. But I often download older books to read and then forget about them. I've got quite a few on my tablet by now, and I really do want to read them...but it's hard to remember they are there. I don't buy many ebooks, unless they are really inexpensive and I can't get them in print.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read?
Usually it's whichever title fits my mood. Possibly it's what is due back at the library really soon, and sometimes it's what I need to read for a challenge.
4. A book that’s been on your TBR the longest?
I've conquered the super-old ones, but there are still quite a few. How about Marco Polo's Travels, we'll pick that one. I don't even know when it arrived.
5. A book you recently added to your TBR?
The Old Straight Track by Albert Watkins. It was reprinted and I'm excited, I've wanted to read it for years. Oddball theories about ancient British landmarks? Yes please.
6. A TBR on your list strictly because of its beautiful cover?
ONLY because of its cover? I'm not sure I have any of those.
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
Some of the books on my Amazon wishlist will probably never actually show up. I have put some pretty random stuff on there. For example, it looks like The First Book of Calamity Leek didn't even get published in the US, but I'd sure love to read that. Still, you never know--a month ago I would have said I would never get to see The Old Straight Track!
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited about?
X, which will be Susan Grafton's new mystery. Eeek!
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you?
Er. I don't see one that is THAT popular. Most of mine are weird and old.
10. A book on your TBR list that everyone recommends to you?
...I don't seem to have any books like that on my list...
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?
Today I'll say The Patchworks of Lucy Boston, which is one that I will probably never get to read, but I sure would love to. Recently I got quite lucky and found a quilt book with instructions for just one of the most famous patchworks, so I'm quite thrilled about that!
12. How many books are on your TBR shelf at Goodreads?
Like 35, not that many, because I started using Amazon years ago, before I ever joined GR. There are about 200 on the Amazon list.
Do you want to play TBR Tag? Please join in and link your post in the comments!